coKreat broadly enables two use cases for organizations:
- As an organization, I want to create content using in-house resources
- As an organization, I want to co-create content by sourcing it from other organizations or individuals
Traditionally, organizations that have digital asset needs for the sake of learning, assessing, teaching, training - for education or any kind of human development purpose - have primarily followed two approaches:
Create all the assets on their own, using the resources available within their organization
Get the assets created from one or more providers on a need basis
This is a typical “Create” approach. While this might work well for small scale needs, it doesn’t serve large scale needs well. For example, if there is a need for a government to provide digital learning assets to their students and teachers across their country, this approach of “creation” becomes quite a limitation. We often find organizations scrambling for resources to create assets for such large scale needs. Even if the assets are created as a one time activity, managing them and keeping them up to date with changing/growing needs becomes quite difficult.
This is where a “co-create” approach can help. Co-creation is a process of engaging with various ecosystem partners and orchestrating the efforts of creating and sourcing assets, rather than creating all by a single organization. Through this approach, digital assets can be sourced in several ways:
- 1.Assets are created in-house within the organization
- 2.Assets are sourced from a controlled set of asset providers or partners
- 3.Assets are crowdsourced from a large set of contributors who are willing to contribute the assets. The contributors may already have the required assets with them or have capability to create them.
The key processes for the “co-create” approach to work are:
- 1.Engagement with partners and contributors by providing them with recognition and data about their contributions
- 2.Curation of large pool of assets that can potentially come from contributors
Considering the above, Sunbird coKreat provides tools and services to engage a wide ecosystem to collect, curate, publish, monitor, and reward the contributions.
It is an evolving software designed to be configurable, extendable to serve multiple needs. It enables a set of process flows for the orchestration and can be easily enhanced, extended for further needs.
Sourcing Organization - An organization that has asset needs for various business use cases. The organization would want to seek and publish the assets for the consumption by their users.
Contributor - An individual or an organization that contributes assets which can be used by one or more Sourcing Organizations.
Seek - Sourcing Organization seeks content for its defined needs from contributors, chooses the assets contributed, and publishes it for consumption
Contribute - Contributor nominates for contribution, contributes assets
Here is a high level process workflow depicting the co-creation orchestration:
Co-creation process workflow
In the subsequent pages, we will detail 'How' part of each of these process workflows.